Boys of PHB

Boys of PHB
Barefoot boys

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Judging

     So there are a lot of reasons I believe we shouldn't judge each other, but one reason has come out more and more the past few months.  My thinking this way more seriously lately started with my favorite author saying she likes to treat everyone she comes in contact with as if they are having the worst day of their life, cause they just might be.

     We never know what is in someones heart and mind.  We never know where they are coming from, or what kind of life or hard times have made them think the way they do.  We are here to help others and enjoy our time here, learn from our experiences and help others learn and grow and for all of us to become the best we can be. 
  
     When I feel judged or when someone says something mean or hurtful I usually usually hate it not only because I'm feeling judged, but also because they are usually just backing up every bad thought I've already had about myself.  So I am usually not wanting to say something mean and hurtful to someone because I'm concerned that I'll only be backing up some negative thought they've already had about them self.  It's hard to know if they haven't already not only had that thought, but wondered constantly if it was true or not.  Then the statement is said and there it is, their negative thought about themselves has just been solidified as a truth when it isn't necessarily true. 
    
     I've felt this way.  I've thought negative things about myself only to have someone say something later and I take it to heart thinking it must be true now.  I've really tried hard in the past few months to change my view of myself.  Now there is less negative to take to heart since my mind isn't focused that way anyway. 

     I do worry sometimes that my sarcasm will hurt feelings and I try to control it and make sure that everyone knows I'm joking and for certain refrain from saying things that could be taken to heart and could hurt.  I know I'm going to say things to offend, but I really am not a spiteful, hurtful person and don't like to be the cause of pain.

     I am a very opinionated and have strong views of what is right and wrong.  I'm certain I've said things that don't make everyone happy all of the time.  I'm a work in progress and hope everyone I know will accept that I'm working on it.  Though very opinionated I don't judge what others think as something that they shouldn't or something that makes them a bad person.  I'll argue and have fights over what I believe, but I don't want to hurt others by my actions.  I hope others can feel that through all of my opinions lies someone who loves people and believes we have a heart and it needs to be protected.  
     Therefore, I've taken to heart to try my best to treat everyone as if they are having the worst day of their lives, because they just might be,  That could explain a lot where some people are concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment