Boys of PHB

Boys of PHB
Barefoot boys

Monday, April 2, 2012

Old Buildings

     So there's this old building I noticed yesterday for the first time ever.  I pass this part of town all the time and just never noticed this really tall building that is run down with most of the windows broken.  I love old buildings.  My mind starts going a million miles an hour at all the possibilities and how it would look fixed up and what uses it could be put to.
     I like the part on "It's a Wonderful Life" when he's making fun of the old house and she talks about how beautiful it is and how she'd like to live there one day.  So he makes his wish to leave and she makes her wish to someday live there with him.  I'm with her.
     I think part of my love for old buildings that Aaron shares is what helped us get this great house.  We were told by bank and realtor that we could afford so much more than we really could.  We decided how much we could afford and found a great deal.  We've had a lot of work to do and have tons more, but it's been worth it.  Our realtor wrote a letter a year later telling us he'd looked everywhere thinking he could find other young couples the same deal.  He said we're the only ones who were able to do it.  The Lord has blessed us in that regard.
     Thing is, I think for me this old building thing goes a little deeper.  I sometimes think we are like old buildings.  I think they sometimes reflect my heart.  I feel like I've been worn down and time is just getting to me.  I feel like if someone just took the time and paid attention then I'd be fixed up and new.  Of course, these are momentary thoughts.  They don't last long.  Just when I get into those moods and just before I get my fight on and turn it all around.
     Then I think sometimes people's bodies are like that, but on the inside they are like amazing mansions with gold everywhere and it's the kind of heart like in those buildings where everything is nice and you're afraid to break things.  Not exactly overly tender, but just like people say, "heart of gold."
     Silly stuff in my head sometimes, but I love old buildings.  They are awesome and amazing.  There can be an empty plot of land like a blank sheet of paper before the picture is made, but I don't see as much possibilities on an empty plot of land as I do with old buildings.
     Possibilities are a great thing.  I'm always looking for possibilities in everything I do.  A person can never know where the un-looked for possibilities can take them. It's a fun thing to "think outside the box" as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment